The Staff at Midwives Grey Bruce are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
We collect, use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you;
- get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others);
- plan, administer and manage our internal operations;
- conduct risk management and quality improvement activities;
- share with your other health service providers for the purpose of care
- conduct research;
- compile statistics;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements and
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
We may share your health information with other healthcare providers to continue to care for you. This includes healthcare providers at other organizations who can view your information through shared electronic systems/databases to continue to care for you.
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care as noted above. All other purposes would require your express consent.
You have the right at any time to withhold or withdraw your consent to disclose personal health information. You will be required to sign the appropriate form which will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer.